Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lactose Free - even in Quito!

Success!!! I have found soy milk!!! The Mega Maxi chain grocery stores have soy milk! The damn stores are like a Fred Meyer - they have everything. There was a food court attached that included a Cinnabon! (Note that I refuse to mention the existence of the Chili's across the street and the 3 or 4 different Tony Roma's that I've seen around town)

But the best part EVER....... They have Soy yogurt drinks!!! OMG. May I have a moment of silence, please......

Sorry, there is just no other way to describe the joy. I bought two huge bottles, one in each flavor. (My dad had to go get a cart.) The drinkable yogurt is one of my favorite breakfast or snack items when I am outside of the US. They just don't make it or sell it here. Finding it made with soy - divine.

Maybe now my stomach will calm down.... Or not. Either way, at least now I can have coffee with soy milk instead of just with water.

*contented sigh*

Sometimes, it really is all about the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment