Sunday, January 3, 2010

Who's Who - The Cevallos Family

So for those of you who can't remember who everyone is, let me give you a quick run down on the Cevallos family:

Sandra - the one getting married to Neil. Sandra is Ecuadorian and lived with us for a year as an exchange student when I was little. I came to live with her and her family (her parents and brothers) for a year in 1999-2000.

Neil - the South African (white guy) she met while she was on vacation in China with her friend Veronica and her husband Roberto. Roberto is in the textile business like Neil, so they were introduced and spent one evening together before he had to leave Shanghai. The romance blossomed from there.

Pedro - Their 8 month old baby. About the cutest thing I have EVER seen. And so laid back! He is so chill and easy going it is unbelievable.

Mami and Papi - Sandra's parents

Their kids (and grandkids) in order of birth:

Marcelo - I will refer to him as Big Marcelo. Marcelo is a bit more serious than the rest of the kids. He is a policeman, only a few years from retirement (they are able to retire very early). He is married to Particia who is a doctor, and they have three girls: Andrea - 10, Marcelita - 7 (?), and Emilia - 4.

Patricio (Pati) - Very sweet, fun and out-going. I guess he has a girlfriend in Colombia now. I love him to pieces so I really hope they are able to make it work! He works for Movistar, the big latin american cell phone company. Since he isn't married yet, he still lives at home, which is the custom here.

Gustavo (Tavi) - Tavi is an architect, but has very little work at the moment. He is the most quiet and reserved of the kids. He and I were close when I lived here. He was often the only one who understood me. He is also living at home.

Genoveva (Beba) - Beba is an Orthopedic Surgeon for the Police Hospital here in Quito. She is married to Edgar and they have three kids: Marcelo, or Marcelito (18), Daniela (16 or 17) and Gabriela (10). Edgar is a Captain for the Police. He was just transferred to Banos, a good 6 plus hours in bus from Quito. The Police here are national, there are no local police, so they get transferred like the US Armed Forces. Edgar comes home every weekend since there is no way Beba and the kids can move to Banos.

Marcelito - Beba and Edgar's son who just got his pilot's license for small planes. He is leaving for South Africa on Monday 1/11 to live with Sandra and Neil and go to school and learn English. His english is pretty good already - he really helped my parents the week before I arrived.

Daniela - Beba and Edgar's oldest daughter. Daniela is in her last year of highschool her in Quito. Her english is also pretty good and can help translate when needed. She has decided to study German though, not sure what that's about...

Gabriela (Gabi) - Gabi was born at the end of my stay last time. Gabi also speaks english well considering she is 10. She loves to speak it and really loves talking to my parents. Gabi is big into Gymnastics. Her coach is Russian, a five time World or European Champion but no Olympic medals I guess. Gabi has already performed and competed outside of Ecuador and is going to San Francisco to perform in two weeks. I will still be here, but my parents are going to try and go see her. She has already decided that she wants to come to Seattle as an exchange student to learn english.

Sandra - the youngest sibling.

That is the main part of the family. I will explain who is who in terms of friends and cousins as I go, but I figured this would be a big help for me and you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment