Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Relaxing and Enjoying

So the last few days here in Cuenca have been wonderful. I have enjoyed hanging out with Francesco, Wendy and Anna, as well as meeting new guests at the hostel. The city is so beautiful and the people are wonderful. I´ve been going to museums, local arts and crafts markets, hole in the wall lunch places, wherever suits my fancy.
(FYI - I am having issues uploading pictures, so I will do that once I get back to Quito)

My stomach is still not too sure what´s going on, but I am puke free since Sunday night!! I have oatmeal every morning at the little cafe right next to the hostal. Alex, Faviola and Glenda are always happy to see me, as are the owners of the hostal. It feels so wonderful to be surrounded by such amazing people.

The best part is that when I am tired or just want to relax and read my book, I can. No one to think I am not enjoying or taking advantage of my time here. I am reading a great book that I am really enjoying, the weather here has been great - though that means that it has not been raining so the power situation is still iffy. The government (who runs the power grid and supply here) will decide tonight if the blackouts will continue.

I have had a wonderful time people watching, carefully picking presents for people and just resting. Sometimes I get a bit tired and warm like my body is fighting something, but I started taking the antibiotics my doctor sent with me, so hopefully that will pass.

Tomorrow I fly back to Quito and then I will be going to Otavalo for a few days with Mami, Sandra and Pedro. I am soo excited to see the market again and see how Otavalo has changed in the last ten years. I will also hopefully get to pay my respects to Mami´s other brothers and sisters who are still mourning Tia Fanni.

For now, I need to go figure how I am going to get everything in my suitcase to take back to Quito tomorrow. I am not even thinking about how I am going to get everything back to Seattle! One step at a time!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your plane ride back to Quito went well. So glad that you were finally able to sit back and just enjoy the trip for awhile...talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete