Monday, January 4, 2010

Rainforest Pictures from Mindo

The hotel we stayed at has amazing grounds with lots of paths to the different cabins. There is one path that is a bit more rustic than the others and it turns out that it runs through a wilder part of the forest. What an amazing walk!! It took me over an hour - could have done it in 10 or 15 minutes. But what's the point of that?

I could have spent all day and still felt that I didn't appreciate it enough.













Here's the cabin our room is in - we are on the bottom floor on the right hand side.

This is the side path to our cabin at the hotel



That tall straight leaf is three times as tall as I am!















These little mushrooms are so tiny!! They are on the edge of a wooden step in the path.









Bromeliad.





This type of tree - I call it the fern tree, is one of the most ancient trees in the entire cloud forest. They are now facing extinction.







No comments:

Post a Comment